Prof Simon Pimblott - personal details
- Chair Professor of Radiation Chemistry, University of Manchester.
- Science Lead, Radiation Sciences Program, Dalton Cumbria Facility at Westlakes.
- Executive Committee, Dalton Nuclear Institute, University of Manchester.
- Research Committee, School of Chemistry, University of Manchester
- Visiting Scholar, University of Notre Dame.
- Co-lead "Chemistry in Extreme Environments" Panel, DOE Workshop "Basic Reseach Needs for Advanced Nuclear Energy Systems", (2006).
- Research Committee, Photon Science Institute, Univesity of Manchester (2007-present).
- Steering Committee, "Free Radical Research Facility", Daresbury Laboratory, U.K. (2006-present)
- Vice-chair and Chair-elect, Miller Trust for Radiation Chemistry (elected) (2005-9).
- Chair, 25th Miller Conference on Radiation Chemistry (2007).
- Scientific Committee, Annual Meeting of the Association for Radiation Research (2008).
- Scientific Program Committee, 13th International Congress on Radiation Research (2007).
- Program Committee, ASR2007 Symposium, Japan (2007)
- Program Committee, 14th International Symposium on Microdosimetry (2005).
- Radiation Research Society, American Chemical Society, American Association for the Advancement of Science, Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology, Association for Radiation Research.
D.Phil. : Physical Chemistry Laboratory, University of Oxford (1988)
(U.K.A.E.A. Studentship, Academic Supervisor: Prof. M.J. Pilling)
M.A. : St. Peter's College, University of Oxford (1988)
B.A. : St. Peter's College, University of Oxford (1985)
(Open Scholarship 1981-85, C.E.G.B. Scholarship, 1981-1985)