The mass spectrometry laboratory is housed in GE.003 in the Chemistry Building and provides a range of state of the art instrumentations that staff and students may use. We deal with well over 15000 samples of different kind a year and work hard constantly improving the analytical techniques we use. Open weekdays from 8:00am to 4.00 pm.
Mass-Spectrometers and Techniques Available:
- Waters SQD2 (Q-MS with ES+ , ES- and APCI source);
- Waters QTOF micro (Q-TOF reflectron with ES +- ion source, accurate mass determination <5ppm RMS);
- Waters QTOF micro with lock spray (Q-TOF reflectron with ES+- and APCI ion source, accurate mass determination <5 ppm RMS);
- Shimadzu Axima Confidence (MALDI TOF mass spectrometer);
- Thermo Finnigan MAT95XP (sector MS with electron/ chemical ionisation ion source, accurate mass determination);
- Agilent 5975C Triple Axis GCMS (GC MS, electron/ chemical ionisation);
- Hewlet Packard 5971 MSD (GCMS/ MS, electron ionisation only).
- Agilent Technologies 1260 Infinity (HPLC, we have 5 of these + one 1200 series, some of them are coupled with the mass spectrometers from the list above);
- Hewlet Packard 1100, HPLC;
- Thermo Scientific, Trace 1310 GC;
- Thermo Scientific, Master GC;
- Finnigan Forms GC.